Thursday, September 9, 2010

He's Here!! Meet Luke Forbes Steging!


Last picture before heading out the door. Had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. I am 39 weeks




All dressed up in my fancy hose ready for surgery.










Josh in his sweet leisure suit. We laughed because it had a collar. I told him he looked like he was going into Area 51 or something.









Luke's first picture with Mom and Dad!




Getting his vitals. 6lb 12oz, 18 inches born at 8:17 a.m. Has been doing great all day. Nursing really well, and sleeping good. We chose the name because Luke is Josh's middle name, and Forbes is Ryann's dad's middle name. It comes from my dad's maternal grandmother who was full Scottish. Forbes is a an ancient Scottish clan. They even have their own tartan.





All cleaned up. Pretty sweet. Not too much fussing...so far anyway.



In our room, everyone out of their gear, and settling in for the weekend. Everyone is doing great!





First visitors Grandma Patti







Grandma and Grandpa King




Big brother arrived after school to meet Luke. A little shy at first, but he soon was very excited to hold "Wook" and then to pass him back to Dad, saying he was "too heavy."...and then wanted to watch Toy Story the rest of the afternoon. :)

6 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah! Congrats! He's a keeper and I of course LOVE the name!! Luke S. and Luke C. will be best buds. I can't believe we have two boys that are pretty much the exact same age!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I think Josh could start a real fashion trend with that leisure suit. Keepin' it classy.

Liz said...

congrats!! glad you are all doing well!

Jill said...

Oh you guys, he's so cute! Is it me or does he look like Austin? Can't wait to meet him!

ps- I love Josh's collar on his scrubs.

Mrs. H said...

How wonderful!! Congrats! Glad your newest little boy is doing so well!

Unknown said...

Yea for a family foursome. Luke completes me.