Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Big kid bike!


Austin's first big kid bike. I have to pat myself on the back for this one. We have been waiting for the day that we would drive by a garage sale, and just see one waiting for us....and well my friends Sat was that day.


I was driving home from work, and my usual route involves cutting through the subsidized living area. There it was, in between a broken book shelf, and hodge podge of shoes and toys. Apparently subsidized, those sell as a unit. Free pair of shoes with every pez dispenser.


But, I'm getting off track....I got home to tell Josh, and we hopped back in the car to check it out. A little rusty, but all in all good shape. There was a 10 year old with hair a nice shade of blue-ish grey working. He told us $2 initially. His older sister quickly interjected and said no, it was $5...but they would take $3. I mean I never been one to haggle, but I really have never had the sellers do the haggling while I stared blankly thinking....I can just pay $5 for it. I mean lets be honest there isn't much I wouldn't buy for $5 at a garage sale.


I would be like, "Look hunny I got this wicker basket at a garage sale. Sure it's handle is missing and it has a hole in the middle, but....it was only $5!"


Fortunately for them, all I had was a five dollar bill. I mean I guess I could have asked for change, but hey he can use the extra money to go buy some more food coloring for his hair. Bonus!


Austin was so excited! And that is a total understatement by the way... we went and got him a helmet, still in pajamas, we had to ride it immediately. 3 hours later he finally took off his helmet. We managed to convince him that napping in it wouldn't be so comfy. But, guess what the first thing he asked for when he woke up?...









On a side note....Schmoops and Schoogs relaxing on the deck.


1 comment:

Jill said...

I love your stories, Ryann! They crack me up! The last pic of Luke and Austin so SO cute!