Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Iowa Rules!!!

Worst winter ever...and now the worst flood ever. Or, as the newscasters have cleverly called it...the "FLOODS OF '08"!! Why did we move here again? Now these floods are apparently worse than the floods of '93, for everyone else who has no idea what I'm talking about. There were bad floods in '93...this was worse. Fortunately for us the worst thing that happened was losing our phone/internet for 3 days, so I can't complain too much. The closest it got to us was a few miles away. The river breached a main road in town. Several of Josh's dealers were affected. One of our favorite places to eat was flooded to the roof, so that's sad. Here are some pics from around town.




This is the Coralville Resevoir spillway...as you can see spilling over...











Josh went down to check on one of his dealers and snapped this pic. Craziness...This is just a few miles from our house in Coralville.












Pic of me and Austin, he looks so tiny in my arms...









He is turning into a smiley boy! I like this picture, because I think he kind of looks like me. Don't be a dream assasin Maria, I know he looks like Josh. :) I just mean his smile does.
Laughing for the camera!

3 comments:

Li Li said...

Three things:
1. Austin in the last pic....what a cutie!

2. Loving your hair in that pic of you two.

3. Dream assasin. LOL!

Chancy Smith said...

I was thinking about you when they were talking about all the floods. Glad that you guys are ok. What is it about all the babies? Why do they all look like their dads? Everyone says that Cooper looks just like Brandon!

Mrs. H said...

What an awesome smile!! I agree, I think his smile does look like you. I just wanna kiss 'im!!! And I'm so bummed that we won't get to see you! Someday...