Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Booger Butt!


How come I don't feel a year older, but he looks huge!! 22 lbs 9 oz at the doctor, 21 1/2 in for ht, still 50% across the board except for his 80% head. I think that is why he is always falling over.


Austin had his first birthday party the other day. It was fun. We had some fam in town, and a few friends came over to help us celebrate. He really wasn't into his cake. He had like a few courtesy bites since we were all staring at him, but then he was over it. We'll see if he still feels that way next year.
Helping me bake cookies for the weekend. He hugs the oven and puts his mouth on it. I feel the same way about cookies every time I make them.

Birthday breakfast. I mean it might be the same breakfast he gets most days, but that day it had a candle. :)

Grandpa and Grandma King helping open presents.

So, this is what happens when you move to just one nap. Austin has been rejecting his afternoon nap, so we have been just shooting for one, and the kid fell asleep mid bite. Even after cleaning everything up, he was out. He told me later when he woke up, "Sorry for sleeping mom!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious...the hug for cookies, the sorry for napping, i love it all. I was just thinking about Austin and his birthday yesterday. I was thinking, "I went to F&Z and Cale's, but I guess I won't make it to Austin's." Looks like you guys made it a special day. He's lucky to have such a great set of parents and grandparents too :)

Mrs. H said...

I love the hug for the oven. That's just perfect Stegging:) And who hasn't fallen asleep mid-bite. I mean eating is important; you've got to get all you can while you're still conscious, and then BANG! you're asleep. What a cutie pie.

Chancy Smith said...

He looks great. Can you believe this time last year we all kept emailing each other for help? He looks great! Isn't it a whole new world with them walking?