Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Updates

Things have been crazy around here to say the least. Josh's job is questionable right now. We are just trying to keep a happy face on and hope for the best. We are thinking about moving back to Kansas City. There I said it. We have a lot to think about, so just keep us in your thoughts. I will update when I know more. Until then. Austin turns one in a few days. I guess I haven't updated his "stats" in a while, so....let's see.

  • He walks/runs all over the place. Especially when he knows he shouldn't be playing with something.


  • He says "tickle, tickle, tickle" while moving his hand...it is so cute. I will try and get it on video.


  • He says Da-Da, and occasionally ba-ba for mama...but usually when prompted to say mama, he stares at you for a few seconds, and then very confidently says "DAD!"


  • He waves back if you wave at him. Sometimes just not right when you wave at him. He is the late waver. About 30 seconds after walking away he starts waving with both hands.


  • He is a chatter box in the mornings. I can be half asleep, but his legs are kicking a mile a minute, and his mouth is going just as fast. No idea what he is talking about, but he is excited.


  • He loves to clap, and point at EVERYTHING...especially lights. Josh has a clapper in his office, (because he is a HUGE nerd), and he has trained Austin to bang on the top of the hard drive to turn it on. If he could do it all day long he would.


  • Anything that makes noise he loves it. Plastic balls on the wood floor. LOVES IT!!! Josh...hates it.


  • He's a hugger. I ask him for a kiss, and he gives me the biggest hug. I love it!


Some pics. and a video of him playing with a ball.

Big boy!!


Our eating machine......

This video is lame, I admit. He is just playing with a ball, but it's for the grandparents.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

lol for the grandparents.
You are just meant for KC. I'm glad you are admitting it. A kid as cute as Austin should be surrounded by grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to give those waves, claps and hugs to. It will all work out. You guys have what they call, "a good support system", right? But, I'll still keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs. H said...

I think KC is just calling you home. Bummer about the uncertainty with the job, though. That's never a good feeling. I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Austin is a cutie. He looks super awesome in those footy pjs. It is so hot here now that both the boys are wearing shorts or undies to bed. I love all the little things he is doing. Too cute. Keep the updates coming!
We'll be thinking about you guys as you try to figure out life!!!

Liz said...

He is such a great walker!! I hope everything turns out they way you want it to! Have a fun 1st b-day!!

Unknown said...

i'm waiting for the tickle tickle video....