Sunday, March 9, 2008

33 weeks and the Nursery.

Busted eating ice cream....ok, it's really not that hard to bust me eating ice cream. 33 weeks this week. Everything is right on track. Went to the doctor. After a little conversation about gaining 8 lbs....apparently when I told her I baked cookies and ate half the dough right before my appt., it did nothing for her....everything else was good. Heartbeat, blood pressure, measuring, all on track. So...now just counting down these last 7 weeks!!




My parents came to visit this weekend. Iowa Targets hate to carry our crib. Couldn't find it anywhere but KC, so we bought it there. Then with the arrival of our nephew and other craziness, this was the first weekend they were able to get away for a visit and bring it to us.






Which leads to the excitement of working on the nursery this weekend. Able to get things in place, and mostly organized. We had previously painted a while back. Went with the jungle theme, I thought the animals were cute...Josh said lets have an emphasis on monkeys....so it's a combination of both. Rocking horse is Josh's when he was a kid. Plus, Josh and my mom thought "Monkey" was too grown up for the crib, so he is rocking out on the bed with the ukelele.






All the stuffed animals we have received so far...lots of monkeys too...even a K-State bear. They are keeping the bed warm for Austin.










The crib was really our only major piece of furniture we bought. Everything else is sort of a mix. This dresser we took from my parents basement when we moved to Dallas. The top is nice and wide, so we thought great for a changing table. Rocking chair my mom had bought at a garage sale for their house after my first nephew was born, but she never used it.





Couple of things we would still like to add and organize. A little bookshelf in the closet, and to the walls, picture frames and such, but for the most part that's about it!! We are getting excited to meet this little guy!







But until then...there's lots of good ice cream to eat. Just trying to make sure I get all my calcium requirements!!

5 comments:

Li Li said...

The nursery looks great and so do you! And...so does that ice cream! mmmm....ice cream.

Christy said...

Love the theme, love the wall color and decor. Love the high ceilings and wood blinds. Ya'll have it going on. And I like that shirt, that is the one you bought at Target, right?

Unknown said...

You and the ice cream make for good blogs. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the end for you.

Lena said...

Oh the long stretch!! Mr. Austin will be here soon!! I can not wait to see all the babies!!

Jeremy and Kamie said...

Very cute! You are looking good - I am excited to hear about the arrival of all the TX babies!