Monday, November 24, 2008

Tis the season...

Here's to the holidays and overindulging on food and beverages. Ordering the big beer at dinner always sounds like a good idea until you forget you are dealing with a 6 month old. After high chair issues, sterilizing the area, picking up toys off the floor, moving everything in arms reach across the table, feeding him...he finally gets settled, and you are like...

"shhhh...is he asleep?...ok, he's asleep?...can someone pass me my warm beer?...ok,...can you help me, his arm is stuck...look, just put the glass to my lips...never mind, just hold his arms...ok, no, I'm good...I'm good..."

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sorry I am late on this, but I love how you write like you totally talk. I could picture all of that verbage in my head and I liked it.

Mrs. H said...

Ah, the joys of motherhood. I love your stories!