Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Maternity pants are the devil.

Yes, I bought maternity pants. My sister, Tara, and mom were in town last weekend. Tara is pregnant too, she is due in Feb. We go shopping. I'm like well, I'll try on some pants just for fun, because I mean technically I can still fit into mine, it just feels better not to button. These things were like butter. They sucked in all my fat, and didn't even have to try and suck in. Obviously, I bought them. Fast forward to today. I go downtown to get an application to sub for Iowa City, and just happen to drive by the new Chipotle that just opened up in town....no line, parking spot in front, fate? I'm enjoying my chicken tacos...when before, after a good meal at Chipotle I would be stuffed, and feeling rather tight in the pants. But these are no normal pants...these are maternity pants...they just expand with me. I'm like did I even eat? Well, apparently not, because as I was driving home, ole' Dairy Queen caught my eye, and wouldn't you know it a few minutes later I'm eating a snickers blizzard. I'm thinking, I won' t finish it, I just want to satisfy my craving....well, apparently my craving was the whole thing. These pants didn't know what hit them. I feel full, but my body in these pants, are telling me I can go for more....needless to say, I'm eating popcorn right now. These pants are the devil.

6 comments:

Christy said...

That is awesome! I miss Chipotle. I just bought a pair myself and it was like I was wearing nothing held up by tiny clouds around my waist.

Christy said...

P.S. Need a ticker, stat.

Mrs. H said...

...tiny clouds...ha! You guys kill me.

Li Li said...

man...that whole blog made me laugh really hard and a spit bubble came out.

Lena said...

Umh, Dairy Queen!! May I suggest the rubber band, you can refer to my archives, I believe in August for a picture that one of the fellow pregos had taken. The rubber band works fabulous!!

Unknown said...

ryann...that was an excellent post. thank you again for blogging. iowa city makes you funny.
I'M YOKING.
you were funny in chicago.