Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Stuff


This book is hilarious. I bought this for Josh half joking, half serious because I knew he wasn't reading any of the baby books. So I put it in the one place I knew he might flip through it...the executive...a.k.a the bathroom. After getting it though, I started reading it too. It...is... awesome. It breaks the book up by months, and at the beginning of each month it lists, "What your wife will be complaining about." The first two things every month is, 1. Exhaustion and 2.You. Love it. I was like...see, it's not just me. It also has pictures of what the wife may look like that month. In the beginning she has her cute cowboy boots on dancing, and by the end she is in straight (as he says), "jungle-print muu-moo she swore she'd never wear."
My other favorite parts are sections like, "Things to let her know you are caring, sensitive, and up on the required reading." They are usually about 2 short paragraphs filled with big medical words. The best line of the whole book though is...."Yes, your wife's boobs are getting bigger...no, you can't touch them." It's like everything your baby book is telling you, but in funny guy terms, for instance, "Month 4, Leukorrhea...(we don't want to talk about it.)" If Josh questions my motives, I'm like did you read the book? It clearly stated this month I would want to bathe in mayonnaise. Anyway, good stuff, I found it on Amazon for a couple bucks, and highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

This book is full of brilliance. I have to agree, it's nice for the guy in your life to hear these things from someone other than you. It helps it go down more smoothly. Nice recommendation!

Li Li said...

Nice. I need some stocking stuffers for Joe. Consider it done. Not that you are worried whether I buy it or not. You know what I mean.