Sunday, April 6, 2008

I have embraced the Mu-mu....


It's come to the point where even maternity clothes aren't fitting and or aren't comfortable. I get tired just dressing myself. I pretty much wear a combination of 3 outfits a week, because well...see above. Now that the weather is starting to warm up we have even more of a dilemma. I don't have any warm clothes, because well...see past blogs about Iowa...and I'm not about to go buy anything, because I wouldn't want to do anything that would encourage prolonging this pregnancy.

As I was staring at my closet today thinking...I wish I just had a giant cotton tent with a draw string....I remembered last summer buying this little number at Old Navy on clearance for $1.99. It's not maternity, but it was ginormous, and I thought...there just might come a time where this might work....well folks, it's that time....and it has pockets and a hood. Love it. Best $2 and change I ever spent.



So I've reached another low or some might consider a high being 9 months pregnant. Yes, this is what it has come to...wearing a mu-mu, sitting in a recliner, eating a giant piece of chocolate cake. (p.s.....Wal-Mart bakery section $1.50.) They are like the perfect pregnancy size...I don't want a whole cake, just a piece...I mean a giant piece...OK, maybe in my mind I secretly say part of this is for Josh too....but I don't think his two bites really puts a dent in the thing.


OK, now the picture taking is just getting ridiculous. I mean, who needs a TV tray when you have a built in shelf?

8 comments:

Mrs. H said...

What a bargain! You could pay two bucks for just the hood and pockets:)

I can't wait to see Baby Austin!!! Surely it's getting close!

Lena said...

I love cheap!! Great steal!!
Little Austin King is around the corner!!

Amanda Stehlik said...

Yeah! Enjoy the mu-mu and chocolate cake as long as you possibly can. It's cute when you're pregnant.

Liz said...

This is the best part about being pregnant....you don't need a table, you have one built in! Enjoy it while you can!! :)

Chancy Smith said...

Ok, what kills me is going to a restaurant. I have to think about what I am going to order because I can't really "lean" over my plate as to not have food spill down the front of me. Oh, and the clothes...I am in a 2 day rotation. I have 2 pair of cargo pants that fit fine and feel comfortable...Khaki...green...khaki...green.....jean day!

Jeremy and Kamie said...

You are so close! Goodness - oh yeah - since I was pregnant in the winter it was hard to find clothes that fit!

Unknown said...

Sweet pics. Yeah, roll that mu-mu...no need to buy anything else. The end is near.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory