Sunday, April 20, 2008

One more...er..uh...one to three weeks to go!!

39 weeks...so close, yet so far away. I'm like one week I can jump on board...3 weeks, sounds like a long time. Things are progressing slowly but surely, but pretty much it means nothing unless you go into labor...and obviously I haven't done that yet. :)
Just a smidge uncomfortable...which is sarcasm for, I never knew that so many parts of my body could hurt or fall asleep after 10 min of being in one position. Examples you say?
Standing: This probably feels the best, but ultimately the swelling wins in the end turning ankles into cankles, and making the varicose veins throb.
Recliner: great for cankles, however the small space between my chest and upper torso somehow always falls asleep. Still trying to figure that out.
Sitting: refer to torso falling asleep and cankles
Lying on the side: I fall asleep...waking up a few hours later to a full bladder, and hips that feel broken, making me secretly wish I had a walker to assist me to the bathroom.
Lying on my side upright supported by pillows: This one is deceiving. You feel like you might have beat the odds. Everything is supported and circulating well...wait what's that? Oh, just kidding my whole side has fallen asleep. I looked like Kevin Spacey's character from Usual Suspects trying to walk this one off.

6 comments:

Li Li said...

I love everything about this picture. You look cute, the room looks cute, everything is just cute. Here is to one more week instead of 3! :)

Chancy Smith said...

Amen sister!! Yes, I feel the same way with every position. You forgot to mention sitting at the computer and the toes starting to feel like fat sausages in too small casings!

Lena said...

OH Girl!! I thought my chi chis were big!!LOL
I can not wait to see Mr. Austin King!!

Liz said...

As uncomfortable as it is...enjoy those cankles...and the peace and quiet! :) Go on a date to the movies and dinner....do those things you won't be able to do with a little one. Just DONT go to IHOP and sit in one of the booths...you may get stuck...I did! :)

Mrs. H said...

That's a great pic! Despite the discomfort you manage to look oh so cute!
Here's to hoping it's only one week!!! Or LESS!

Unknown said...

I'm just sittin' here waitin' for you to domino.