Sunday, May 4, 2008

...(SIGH)...41 weeks...

Sorry I'm going to b*tch and moan for a sec. So, wake up Friday night/Saturday morning to some pretty intense contractions that are not going away. I'm like...well, I'll just monitor them, see if they don't change yada...yada...Josh had plans to go play golf, I go about the rest of my day mixing it up seeing if these contractions stop at all....They don't...so basically from like 8:30 to 3:00 I'm having contractions every 10 min. Yeah, and by the time Josh gets home...I'm pretty much in pain, and to the point of tears when these things are coming on. So, call Labor and Deliv, describe the situasche...and they tell me to come in.

I go in...yes, having contractions every 10 min. And dilated to....1....I'm sorry what?!?!?!?! Pretty sure I was at a one 36 hours ago when I wasn't having contractions. 2 hours later nothing has changed. I think they felt bad for me so they threw in a dilated between 1 and 2. But, after talking to my doctor and no water breaking, baby's head is still high, they send me home. They were like, but come back if they are 5 min apart. Because...10 min, apart and painful is just crazy talk..that's just too irregular.

Obviously, I'm disappointed, because this is exactly what I didn't want to happen, but the saving grace was, well we go back to the doctor Monday and then inducing Tuesday, right? Oh...just kidding. As Josh said, adding insult to injury. As we are getting ready to leave the nurse comes in and says, well, we have you on the books for Thursday to induce...I'm like, you mean Tuesday...she's like, no Thursday...(deep breath...tears...welling...)..."What? Our doctor said she was going to make it for Tuesday." She's like, oh, well, we probably didn't have an openings until Thursday...but I wouldn't expect you to make it until then. OK, fine that's all well and good, and would make me feel a lot better if YOU WEREN'T SENDING ME HOME!!!!

So...today has been AWESOME. Contractions still on avg every 10 min....and still REALLY painful....I've tried everything in the world to make them feel better...but alas...no water breaking, and no contractions every 5 min., ultimately the things we need to send us back to the hospital....so, back to the dr. tomorrow at 9:45, we'll see what happens. I'm really, really, really, really trying to stay positive...and really, really, really hoping I can sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my B____ A____ King!!! I wish I could say something to make you feel better!! That SUCKS!!! But, as I am sure you have heard a thousand times...in a few more days it will all be worth it. Until then, start getting the hubby to swear to some good things in the future. you can get really creative when in pain. How about he be the DD for an entire year??? Good luck!!

Mrs. H said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I want to cry for you. Come out Baby Austin!!!!