Thursday, January 3, 2008

Holiday Shenanigans

We have had a crazy last couple of weeks with the holidays and new year. I have been slacking on blogging and emailing. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Getting ready for visitors, Josh was shoveling ice off our driveway. Yeah it was like 2-3 inches thick. Why did we move from Dallas?






A Christmas present from my sister Megan. It says, "I'm not fat. I'm knocked up." I'll wear this with pride in Iowa.





We had Josh's family come to visit. 12 in all! Starting from left, Me and Josh; Sister-in-law Sarah; Josh's Brother Matt; their kids, Casey and Layney; Grandma Donna; Cousin Zack; his mom Aunt Ceri; Josh's dad, Mark; his girlfriend Julie, and her son Jake. Good times. Lots of napping, games, fun, and food!!




This just looks bad, I swear it was the last piece of pie. I was like I'll just eat it out of the pie dish...then everyone was making fun of me. Speaking of sweets. We ate at P.F. Changs...they have a chocolate cake called the Great Wall of Chocolate....8 layers. Love it. I ate 7 of the 8 layers. Just FYI for you pregos. Live it up.




We traveled to Wamego, KS to spend a few days with Josh's mom and then decided to break up the trip home and spend New year's in KC. A friend of ours was going to be out of town, so he threw a new year's eve eve party complete with Champagne toast at a local bar. Josh was in heaven since the Jagermeister girls showed up and he was able to get a t-shirt. Which he told me was too small, then I told him of course it was he had 2 shirts on underneath it. Oh, to be able to drink.


We spent the real New year's at a friends house. Good times, everyone played a lot of beer pong and flip cup. I ate a lot of pigs in a blanket and brownies. Everyone was happy. I'm starting to embrace the shirts that tie in the back. I've been putting it off for a long time, but alas...it's starting to become all that fits.

7 comments:

Chancy Smith said...

I hear you on the shirts that tie in the back. At first, I was like, no, I don't want to wear those, they make me look fat. Now, there is a belly, so I have no choice. I also love these shirts that are tight but have "scrunching" stuff on the sides. Look:
http://www.mimimaternity.com/Product.asp?category_Name=Long+Sleeve&category_Id=3206&product_Id=04173206&MasterCategory_Id=3

http://www.mimimaternity.com/Product.asp?category_Name=Long+Sleeve&category_Id=3211&product_Id=2463B3211&MasterCategory_Id=4

Li Li said...

mmmmm.....pie.

ingunn said...

This is my first visit to a blog. It's a great way for me to keep up with you even though I'm in Norway.
I look forward to news and pictures especially the next few months.
Love from your "aunt" in Norway

Unknown said...

You guys keep it real. Who cares that you are pregs and you like in Iowa...not the Stegings. Keep the party going. Well done.

p.s. do you really have an "aunt" in norway?

Ryann said...

Yes...psuedo aunt. :) She and her brother were exchange students who stayed with my mom's family in high school or college, and have stayed in touch ever since. :)

Christy said...

At first I thought your New Year's Eve hat was a fancy up do.

Jeremy and Kamie said...

Oh yeah, today I wore stretch pants to work and they were high waters..I didn't care.